Beginner Kitesurf course 3 days
Kiteboarding is the latest extreme sport that is providing an adrenalin rush to anyone who loves the outdoors. This course will take you from setup all the way through to being in the water. Our beginner kitesurf course is run over 3 days with 2 hours on the first day, then also 2 days of 2 hour sessions each.
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems,
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite,
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant,
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite,
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite,
- Know the wind window,
- Set-up a 4/5 line kite with a full de-power system,
- Pre-flight check of equipment and settings,
- In flight check of equipment and settings,
- Understand and use the international communication signals,
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite),
- Control the kite hooked into the harness,
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems,
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite,
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight,
- Pull quick release and activate leash,
- Recover the bar and kite.
- The second day of the kitesurfing course is 100% practical, all the theory and land based work has been completed on the first day so from now on it’s all time in the water.
- Enter and exit the water independently and safely while controlling the kitel
- Water re-launch the kite
- First body drag downwind
- Maintain correct kite position in the wind window
- Change direction to the left and right while body dragging
- Recover the kite and bar in the water
- Upwind body drag to recover board
- Upwind body drag holding the board with one hand
- Enter and exit at the same point while upwind body dragging
- Know the power stroke for a water start
- Know the safety rules and theory for water start
- Can put the board on the feet and maintain the correct position for water start
- Water starts in both directions and ride a short distance, Come to a controlled stop
- Understand weather forecast, tidal- and wind effects
- Determine the wind strength, direction and quality
- Know the right of way rules
- Know equipment set up and choice according to the weather conditions.
We start with re-enforcing the kite assembly learnt on the first and second day. The third day of the kitesurfing course is 100% practical, and this course provides another full day of tuition to really master your board control and become an independent kitesurfer.
This third day of tuition offers the extra time needed to become independent during kite launch/land and water re-launch as well as having the opportunity to experience different sea and wind conditions.
Include: All equipment (helmet, buoyancy aid, harness, kite and board)
Course Locations Boavista: Iberostar Hotel
Price: 320€ per person